Sometimes, when you’re selling your home, you need to sell in a hurry. You might discover that you need to move in a hurry, perhaps due to a job change. In other cases, you might need to sell your home fast to raise the money to pay other bills. Whatever it is that drives you to need to sell your home in Colorado Springs in a hurry, try some of these key strategies.
1. Clean up the house.
The first step in ensuring that your house is ready to sell fast is cleaning it up. You want your home to look its best so that when potential buyers come to take a peek, they can clearly see everything that the property has to offer. Make sure to include some of these key strategies:
- Remove as much personal decor, including photos, collections, and religious items, as possible. This makes it easier for potential buyers to imagine themselves in the home, rather than seeing it as your family’s property.
- Take care of minor repairs, like putting on a fresh coat of paint or fixing up problems with the flooring, before you put your house on the market. A house that looks great is more likely to sell quickly than one that gives the appearance of needing a great deal of work.
- Remove 2/3 of your possessions, especially the contents of closets and cabinets. If you need to sell fast, you’re likely going to need to move fast, too. This will make it easier to keep your house clean and ready for showings at any moment. It will also help make your home look larger and as though it has more storage, which may be a selling point for many buyers.
- Don’t forget curb appeal! Simply taking the time to tidy up outside can make a big difference in the overall appearance of the house and the way potential buyers perceive it.
2. Take amazing pictures.
If you need a fast sale for your house, it may be worth investing in a professional photographer to come in and take photos of the house. Buyers show increased interest in listings with great pictures–so make sure yours stands out from the pack! If you must take your own photos, try some of these important tips:
- Use a tripod. Shaky, blurred pictures won’t give the same effect as a crisp, clear photo.
- Use a wide angle lens to capture a better angle of each room.
- Open the blinds and let in as much natural light as possible.
- Try out different flash settings to see which ones get the best look in your pictures.
3. List your home in the right locations.
When you need a fast sale, you need to go to where the buyers are. In today’s society, that means not just listing your home with a trustworthy agent, but also taking the time to spread the word about the property that you have for sale. One great strategy? Social media. Showcase the great pictures you took of your home. Spread the word about your listing. Even more importantly, ask friends and family members to share, as well. The more you share your listing, the better the odds that you will get your property in front of the type of person who is most likely to buy it.
4. Choose the right real estate agent.
You don’t have time to wait around for your property to sell, so make sure you choose a real estate agent that is committed and on that journey with you. Not only do you want someone who is a good personality fit, since you will be working so closely together, you want someone who has the experience needed to sell your home quickly. Ask:
- How full is your workload right now? That is, does the real estate agent have the time needed to dedicate to your property?
- Do you have experience selling homes quickly? How long, on average, does it take you to sell a home?
- What will you do if the home doesn’t sell quickly? Are there other methods you can utilize if we need to increase the odds of a sale?
- Have you sold homes in this neighborhood in the past?
5. Create a plan.
From the moment you’re ready to list your house, you need a clear, carefully considered plan. Take a look at the neighborhood and price your home correctly: ideally, a little lower than the average to encourage people to come look. Consider what people are looking for most in your neighborhood, and make sure you include those attributes as part of your listing if possible. Most importantly, make sure you know what incentives you have to offer and when you should be willing to drop the price of the house to help it sell faster.
Needing to sell your home quickly can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to feel impossible. Contact us today to learn how we can help you get your property on the market and increase the odds of a fast sale.